Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home PageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Bedtime Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

Joined date : 2009-05-05

A Bedtime Story Empty
PostSubject: A Bedtime Story   A Bedtime Story I_icon_minitime2/8/2009, 16:41

Author: Haigen

Date Posted: 6/29/2007

-----------------------------------------------

//Incoming Transmission//
#Origin: Unknown
#Encryption: High
#Broadcast Level: Public

RE: Personal Bio Excerpt - Unknown Date

...the lights flickered and the subtle electric hum of the core rang in my ears as I winced.  I leaned forward in my chair as I felt strength return to my body.  I had been under for months and my body ached from motionlessness.  Standing around me were faces that I'd never seen before.    They stood silently as I gathered my bearings, leaning on the arm of the chair to stand.
The floor was littered with the lifeless bodies of faces that I did know.  They were faces that I had trusted and loved at one point.  Not even the slightest bit of sorrow befell me.  I wandered around the room aimlessly as my saviors watched on without uttering a word.
I headed down the bulkhead towards my room.  Reaching under my cot for a bag, I thought back to what had happened.  Images flashed before me as feelings of anger, spite and heartbreak overcame me.
"Are you alright dear?"
The words washed over me as I turned to see a hand on my shoulder.  I nodded and turned to face her, throwing my bag over my other arm. 
"Yes, I'm fine."
We returned to the Operations Room to see that her crew had already vacated the craft.  All that remained were the bodies of my former crew.  As I ran my hand over the ship's plaque, I said my goodbye to what had been my home for so very long.
Moments later the echo of the core exploding shook me in my seat as we quickly made our way through the tunnel as we got farther from the wreckage that was once my hovercraft.  I watched from the stern of the Blue Dreamer through a window as the fire got smaller and smaller. 
Looking at my reflection in the glass, I moved my finger over the cold window and drew tears that I could not even squeeze out.  Turning from the window, I looked down the dark corridor that led to a room filled with new faces and walked towards them, accepting what was and embracing what will be...

//End Transmission_
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

A Bedtime Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bedtime Story   A Bedtime Story I_icon_minitime2/8/2009, 16:41

...when I awoke I could hardly remember who I was, let alone where.  I sat up in the bed and looked around the room.  It was modern and nicely decorated.  The long white curtains could hardly contain the light of the morning sun as it intruded beyond the window seal. 
I pulled back the soft sheets of the bed and placed my feet on the carpeted floor.  A sharp pain in the back of my neck ached.  Rubbing it, I walked slowly across the room and turned to see that I was not alone.  Awakened by my stirring, the man turned over in the sheets and stared at me.
"Good morning."
He was a stranger and yet I was compelled not to scream as something familiar about his voice kept me calm.  I returned the smile and walked out of the room.  Wandering around, I tried to find something that would stir my recollection. Nothing.
During breakfast he told me that I had been in a collision.  The trauma had rendered me temporarily amnesiac but the doctors said I should be fine after some time.  He told me that we had been together for a couple of years and were engaged. 
Everything seemed ideal.  It was bliss...

//End Transmission//
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

A Bedtime Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bedtime Story   A Bedtime Story I_icon_minitime2/8/2009, 16:42

//Z10N HvCFT OS Mainframe//
#ACCESS RECORDS
#Enter password: ********

<Password Accepted>
RE: Excerpt from Captain's Log - Unknown Date
...Today something unthinkable happened.  After only a couple weeks back in active duty, our crew discovered one of our very own trying to send a communication to the enemy.  She refuses to answer any questions and seems completely ignorant of why we'd be upset.  From what we can discern, based on her encrypted message, she was trying to be reinserted. 
We can not tolerate such behavior from our soldiers.  Even with the truce enacted, there is still much tension amidst humanity.  To allow such actions to go unpunished would set a poor example to anyone who has ever waved the banner of Zion. 
The traitor has been remanded to the brig and awaits punishment.  Her peers have decided to initiate a little experiment.  Since the traitor seems to so dead set on returning to the Matrix, we're going to give her just what she wants...

//End Transmission_
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

A Bedtime Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bedtime Story   A Bedtime Story I_icon_minitime2/8/2009, 16:42

...When I opened the front door to our apartment, I immediately dropped the paper sack.  The wine bottle shattered as it struck the floor.  The contents of the bag spewed all over the freshly soaked hardwood floor.  Armed men stood in my living room waiting for me.  One of them had a gun held right at Scott's head.  He was bound and gagged to the living room chair.  Blood ran down his cheek from an open wound made from the blow to his face.  His eyes were fearful and in pain.
"What do you want?"
"You."
He was wearing sunglasses and a large leather overcoat.  He was seated on the couch but stood after speaking.  As he took off his glasses he stared at me but I had no idea who he was.
"You wanted to betray us.  You wanted to leave us for the enemy."
"What are you talking about?"
Tears ran down my cheeks as my face became flush in my confusion.  Some of them laughed at me and commented on how well their little plan worked.  They teased me and mocked my ignorance.  I still did not know them.
"Maybe this will trigger something."
The leader then aimed the gun back at Scott's head and cocked it.  My screams disappeared into the roar of the hammer striking the bullet as it spiraled out of the chamber.  Scott's eyes were looking at me as the bullet penetrated his forehead.  His life vanished before me as I fell to the ground lying in a pool of wine and broken glass.  His body went limp in the chair.  He was gone.
The leader removed the magazine from the gun and left all but one bullet in the chamber.  As they walked out he said that I should use it on myself and get it over with or else they'd be back.
The moments that passed are nothing but a blur to me.  I don't recall how long I wandered but my mind came back to me and I found myself standing at the edge of the rooftop of the Kalt Towers.  It was raining and the it was so cold.  I was shivering as raindrops fell on my face. 
As I stood there a women dressed in white, with skin like snow slowly walked towards me.  She stood there and did not speak nor look in my direction until I broke the silence. 
"I just wanted to go back.  I just wanted to feel happiness again."
At some point while I wandered my memories had evidentally returned.  I don't know exactly when it happened but everything seemed to wash over me like the tide slowly invading the coastline.  I remembered everything and knew that this had all been a lie.
"And now..."
Now I don't feel anything at all...

---
#End of Record(s)
#Delete All? Y/N: Y
#EXIT

//End Transmission_
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

A Bedtime Story Empty

//SEARCHING...
1 New Record(s) found
#Open? Y/N: Y

##Accessing...
RE: Unknown Source - Unknown Date
...like jacking in for the first time all over again.  It had been weeks since I joined the cause but only the first time I had returned to the Matrix.
I heard the Loading Area fade away like water spiraling down a drain while the sounds of birds began to chirp in the distance.  Opening my eyes, I looked around.
"I'm in."
I wandered only briefly before realizing that I had inadvertently made my way back to a place I was all too familiar with.  I stood in front of the door for a few minutes before it opened suddenly.  The old woman did not speak at first but gazed at me as if to look beyond the dark lenses covering my eyes.
"Can I help you?"
Caught off guard and slightly perplexed, I declined her an answer and stepped back only to be startled by the unexpected chime of my cellphone.  Overwhelmed by guilt, I quickly left.  Halfway down the block, I finally answered my cellular.
"Get a move on.  You're late."
The sun was setting as I stepped up onto ground level from the subway terminal in Tabor Park.  Sitting calmly at the benches was a man dressed in dark teal.  Turning away from the last remnants of daylight as the sun dipped beneath the waters of the Aquaduct, he glanced my way as I slowly approached.
"Hi.  You must be Tranta."

//End of Record(s)
#Deleting...
Search Again? Y/N:_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Bedtime Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bedtime Story   A Bedtime Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bedtime Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum