Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home PageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Weskie
Level Design
Weskie

Joined date : 2009-04-06

To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. Empty
PostSubject: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime15/5/2009, 09:23

I've never got why someone would buy a PC, when really it's SO easy to put together one. The motherboard book tells you everything about where to plug the USB into the cases, along with sound ports. Everything else goes into the powersupply.

I've put somethings together what'd make a pretty good PC for gaming, but still keeping low on cost.

(I wont do the case)

Motherboard.
This Motherboard also has Nvidia's Hybrid power. what means it can shut off the GFX card, (9000+) and just use
the on-board chip to run your normal computer things, like Photoshop, music, web, ect. What'll cut down on heat, sound
and power.

AMD Dual-Core Phenom
For most games, I've never seen them use over two cores. Now with this CPU, it's not like other dual cores
it's an phenom what AMD made JUST for gamers, also it has a bigger Cache than other dual cores, so it'll be faster
than Athlons. Plus it has it's core unlocked, so it' can be very overclockable. (don't overclock unless you 100% know how!)
also, it's 64bit!

Nvidia 9800 GT! Now this card is not too over the top in price
but it'll let you play games like: Call of Duty, Crysis, Left4dead, and so on. Without any lag. This card needs (1) 6pin power cable. And the 9000's
are Hybrid Power, so it'll work with that motherboard.

RAM this give'ss you an whole 4 GB of RAM. You don't really need anymore than that, plus normal systems will only take up to 4GB. Unless you buy something like Windows Vista/XP 64bit!

PSU This is a very powerful PSU for it's price! Will run really nicely, plus power that Nvidia 9800 GT card!

1TB Hard drive Need I say more? 1TB!!!

CD ROM Drive
Back to top Go down
Dracian
Tank

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime22/6/2009, 14:55

Yes.

This thread *is* full of the win sauce.
Back to top Go down
Weskie
Level Design
Weskie

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime25/6/2009, 08:18

You have to let us know what it's like when you put it all together, Drac.
Back to top Go down
Dracian
Tank

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime2/7/2009, 09:38

Almost.

This PC know somehow I have one to replace it and is giving me trouble when I try to burn Windows 7 beta to run on the new pc Razz
Back to top Go down
Cable
Administrator

Joined date : 2009-03-20

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime2/7/2009, 12:28

Windows 7 is out of beta now it's on RC1 I believe. You can download that.
Back to top Go down
Weskie
Level Design
Weskie

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime2/7/2009, 12:30

It's not that. He had problems burning it to a disk. He got a new disk and it is now installed.
Back to top Go down
Dracian
Tank

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime2/7/2009, 15:35

Weskie wrote:
It's not that. He had problems burning it to a disk. He got a new disk and it is now installed.
Unreal the actual quest to find a blank disk. You would think with over 500 dvd's copied in my pirate heydey that I would HAVE a blank disk but I gots one in the end... And voila... Windows 7 rawks and the PC is HAWT!
Back to top Go down
Cable
Administrator

Joined date : 2009-03-20

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime2/7/2009, 19:29

Ah wasn't sure what you meant there. At least your computer is up and running now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

Joined date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime2/7/2009, 20:18

get with the program, cable!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.   To make a cheap-ish gaming computer. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To make a cheap-ish gaming computer.
Page 1 of 1