Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home PageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AMD Cool 'n' Quiet.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Weskie
Level Design
Weskie

Joined date : 2009-04-06

AMD Cool 'n' Quiet. Empty
PostSubject: AMD Cool ''n'' Quiet.   AMD Cool 'n' Quiet. I_icon_minitime23/5/2009, 11:59

Has anyone used this? I finally activated it. Wow what diff it makes! It lowers your clock speeds of your CPU Cores when your computer isn't
using them, then putting them back to there full speed when your computer needs to use your CPU Core. I've noticed total heat diff, and sound as well.
(AMD Phenom gets really hot) so this is awesome for me when it's not in use. My core speeds lower around 1.3 when not being used, then shoot back up to 3.2 ghz when it needs to.
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

Joined date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: AMD Cool 'n' Quiet.   AMD Cool 'n' Quiet. I_icon_minitime23/5/2009, 12:09

ah the subtle customizations of a pc, that is one of the few things ill miss using my imac; not really much room for picking and choosing when it comes to apple and even fewer graphical options. i noticed you had like 3 or 4 nvidia things alone on your desktop in that post you made, i get like a few options for video quality and that's it :/
Back to top Go down
arrax
Boomer
arrax

Joined date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: AMD Cool 'n' Quiet.   AMD Cool 'n' Quiet. I_icon_minitime24/5/2009, 09:07

can you post a link to the XP one?
Back to top Go down
Weskie
Level Design
Weskie

Joined date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: AMD Cool 'n' Quiet.   AMD Cool 'n' Quiet. I_icon_minitime24/5/2009, 09:16

arrax wrote:
can you post a link to the XP one?
XP's one should be installed from Windows Update. You need to activate it in your BIOS.
Then put your computer on 'low power' on the power options under screensaver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMD Cool 'n' Quiet.   AMD Cool 'n' Quiet. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AMD Cool 'n' Quiet.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Survivors Lounge :: Tech Lounge-
Jump to: