Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home PageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DataDyne Homepage: Beta

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

Joined date : 2009-05-05

DataDyne Homepage: Beta Empty
PostSubject: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime17/7/2009, 21:57

I'll go ahead and post this link here first and when it's done I'll remove it (if i have that privilege, i forget, if not, I'll ask Cable)

http://datadyne.webs.com/

so this is the preliminary site and so far i just have set up:
the theme
the welcome page

I'll of course need the link to Mr. Gohda's blog when it is available and it would seem the idea of having his mediafire public files page linked to seems like it will not be necessary after hte new L4D patch, but should it prove to be necessary, let me know and I'll make a page for the maps.

So pretty much what I need now is:
-some opinions on what i have so far

-requests for any specific sections

-maybe so proofreading to see if any wording needs to be rectified (i'll prolly do this myself a few times seeing as how i'm kinda doing this without a map of what should be said right now, so i'll clear up the text myself a bit as i figure out what we all want on the site more)

-these are the tags i have so far for it so lemme know if i should add more: games, gaming community, left 4 dead, zombies, custom maps, killing floor, Steam, Resident Evil, First person shooter, online games, level design, level development

Lemme know if you want anything changed or added at any point and I'll try to accommodate. Also you may notice on the welcome page that i've added a "Last Content Update" item which i think will be helpful for people so they can see at a glance if anything on the site has changed, i can include changes to the forums or gohda's blog as well, like sort of add details of what changed like patch notes or something, so keep an eye on this to see if i've changed or added anything.

Also as a sidenote: as i make major changes I'll just make a new post like mr. gohda does on his levels so that new stuff can be distinguished.
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime17/7/2009, 22:39

Added a redirect to the forums and a placeholder for the design blog.

Question: How does one get the little logo that appears next to the site address in firefox? The one that is a black box that says "DD"

Also, major problem I just noticed with this forums. It says that only members can read and post, yet I was able to gain access to this forums and read the posts without being logged in, therefore, not being a member.

As a side note, I realized that because webs.com has a small file hosting service of about 50 mb, it may or may not be possible to use this as the basis for your rotator, Mr. Gohda. I can play around with that a bit if you're interested and haven't already used the webspace.com one.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Administrator

Joined date : 2009-03-20

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime18/7/2009, 07:39

Looks good Syz what you have done so far! Yeah that part of the forum was invisible to the outside world but it's not now. Needed to remove the wording.
All done.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime18/7/2009, 08:13

Syzgy wrote:
Question: How does one get the little logo that appears next to the site address in firefox? The one that is a black box that says "DD"
Answer to that question is called a Favicon.
Here's the picture to our one. DataDyne Homepage: Beta Datady25
Back to top Go down
Weskie
Level Design
Weskie

Joined date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime18/7/2009, 08:30

Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime18/7/2009, 10:34

ok so thus far, i thought maybe i would create an about us page that sorta describes our little story from mxo to present (any details you want, let me know) i'll integrate some old screenshots into that, but not all the really good ones

then the left overs will go into a page called "screenshots" which will contain screenshots from various members and various games (i might rotate some out from time to time so i dont have to have 300 screenshots on one page and so people get a chance to get their screeny on the page)

maybe at one point i might make a how to join page where i could direct people to your (cable & gohda) steam names where they could talk to you and of course to the forums where they could do an app thingy

um, i was also thinking of making a page that keeps a list of the updates for games we play like l4d and killing floor (in case anyone went back to that). so give me any game news you'd like me to try to keep up with outside of left 4 dead and i'll see about adding it to my rss feeds list so i know when patches come out and news happens

lemme know what you think.

Last edited by Syzgy on 18/7/2009, 14:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Weskie
Level Design
Weskie

Joined date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime18/7/2009, 11:58

Love all of them ideas. I like the idea of that back story thing. Can add in how we all met, started off as FoxHound then turned into DataDyne what we are now.
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime19/7/2009, 13:53

Created an About Us page which will be populated later today

Created a News & Updates page which is currently going to be populated with l4d, killing floor, gmod info. if i should add anymore stuff to follow, now is the time to tell me.

Created a screenshots page that will be populated later today. I'm going to create another photobucket account and save all the images i collect to host them there so i dont use anyone else's bandwidth when i host them. I will be collecting images from the threads on this forum from time to time which will be placed in the screenshots page. so keep stuff posted and it'll make its way to the page!
Back to top Go down
Cable
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime19/7/2009, 17:19

Good stuff coming along there syz. Yeah I was going to be annoucing updates for Killing Floor etc myself.
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime21/7/2009, 15:30

pretty much finished with the site unless there's anything i think of to add

finished the about datadyne page

collected a bunch of screenshots from these forums from everyone that has posted them then selected 18 at random, uploaded them and linked to them on the site.
Back to top Go down
Syzgy
Pyrotechnician
Syzgy

PostSubject: DataDyne Homepage: Complete pending final review   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime8/8/2009, 10:56

Guess I never really mentioned it here, but the website is now in its live stage if there are no other issues to be addressed here.

I've added an area for the screenshot of the month image to be added and the server status for firebomb seems to be working now.

If there are no other issues that anyone has with the site that need to be corrected, this thread can be locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DataDyne Homepage: Beta   DataDyne Homepage: Beta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DataDyne Homepage: Beta
Page 1 of 1